What is Accreditation?
Accreditation is process of formal recognition in which a fitness business meets predefined criteria and quality standards, assessed by an independent accreditation body.
What does Accreditation mean?
Accreditation provides assurance to consumers and industry that accredited fitness businesses are professional; and, are committed to providing quality service, customer care and meeting industry standards.
The Fitness Australia Quality Accreditation (FAQA) Program
The Fitness Australia Quality Accreditation (FAQA) program is the first continuous quality improvement program, designed for gyms, fitness centres, fitness businesses and clubs in Australia.
The program focuses on key elements of running a business and addresses any issues that may arise. The primary aim is to ensure consistent standards and service delivery are met, and where possible exceed the customers' expectations.
The FAQA program encourages businesses to:
- Plan business processes, functions and procedures, and
- Deliver consistent standards and service
- Check that customer expectations are being met.
What are the benefits of Accreditation?
Accreditation assists businesses to better understand, engage, benchmark and continuously improving their performance and outcomes.
By being accredited and improving your business, you can:
- Know your strengths and areas of improvement
- Develop an action plan for continuous improvement
- Improve staff morale
- Foster a culture of continuous quality improvement, learning and participation
- Reduce risk an enhance business sustainability
- Increase customer satisfaction
- Be recognised as an industry leader
- Increase efficiency and performance
- Provide consumers with confidence
- Create a consistently high level of customer service
- Show good business practice over businesses that are not accredited, and
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
Fitness Australia supports businesses on their continuous quality improvement journey.
Learn more and Register Your Interest.